Being an entrepreneur is not as easy or fascinating as it sounds. Entrepreneurs not only have to make hard decisions but they also have to sacrifice a lot. Here are the 5 sacrifices that every entrepreneur makes.
- Sleep: This would be the first sacrifice of all. Everyone loves to sleep but if you choose to be an entrepreneur, this would be the first thing you’ll have to put aside. There might be days where you’ll be working nonstop and harder than when you were employed for some other company. You might have to pull through all nighters to get results and things done.
- Money: As an entrepreneur, you might have to go without a fixed salary for months. You’ll be working two to three times harder than you used to and might not be compensated well. You will have to invest a lot of time—unlimited hours—and hard work into your business before you see that being resonated in the money you’ll make. You’ll see the results not immediately but gradually. Patience and more hard work will help you achieve your goals.
- Work-life balance: Maintaining work-life balance will be painfully difficult, but entrepreneurs have never liked anything that’s easy. They love challenges and getting past difficult situations. This would be one such challenge. Your personal life might suffer as work life will be more pressing and demanding. You might have to solve issues and respond to calls and emails at any time of the day. You will be the contact point and decision-maker for everything. Your team will hugely and mostly depend on you to lead and show them the way.
- Social life: As an entrepreneur, you’ll massively have to cut down on your social life and interactions. You may have to miss parties, social and family gatherings because work will be your number one priority and engagement. You will be investing all your time and energy into your business so that it reaches new heights.
- Comfort: Comfort is something that won’t fit in the picture if you choose the entrepreneurial path. Luxuries will be rare and uncomfortable situations more. You will have to work an insane amount, make tough decisions and do many things you’re not comfortable with. You will have to strategize, attend meetings, take calls, convince people, choose the right team and investors, take blows when decisions backfire and do some damage control, if needed. You’ll be the woman or man with many hats!
It won’t be easy but to touch heights as an entrepreneur, you’ll have to dream big, work harder and act stronger! Wishing you lots of luck.